"statistics aggregate show"

Edward Rolison
I have been running (on CDOT 8.3):
statistics aggregate show
statistics volume show

over ssh, via cron, and graphing them.

Since updating to 8.3.2P6, I've now got a different error:

Error: command failed: More than 50 samples are not allowed. Please delete existing sample(s) to create a new sample.

Now, that's not a deprecation warning, but I'm wondering if the  functionality has been disabled anyway.  Or if there's a workaround that any of you fine folk have seen.
Or - for that matter - what's the neatest way to grab some summary statistics suitable for graphing at 5m intervals.

(I can probably hack something together using the API, but haven't really needed to until now)

Thanks and regards,
Ed.