nuisance "Ports Down" alerts in the 9.0 OnCommand dashboard?

nuisance "Ports Down" alerts in the 9.0 OnCommand dashboard?

Rue, Randy-2

Hi All,

We upgraded to 9.0 and now get red alerts in the dashboard for every unused Ethernet port. This is apparently a known bug and has multiple “Feature Enhancement Requests” tied to it, but we since upgraded to 9.1 and it’s still there. Vendor doesn’t seem to know of any workaround.

Others have this problem: https://community.netapp.com/t5/Data-ONTAP-Discussions/OnTap-9-1-OnCommand-Port-Monitoring/td-p/127105

Anyone else had this problem, and more to the point, any luck in solving it? We’d like to avoid the annoyance of ignoring these alarms, and the risk of the clutter/noise masking any other issues.

-          randy

AW: nuisance "Ports Down" alerts in the 9.0 OnCommand dashboard?

Alexander Griesser-2

I personally do not use the OnCommand Dashboard but one of my customers does and he complained about that too – I’ve then set the ports admin-down and IIRC, that fixed the issue.

Did you try that?

Best,

Alexander Griesser

Head of Systems Operations

ANEXIA Internetdienstleistungs GmbH

E-Mail: [hidden email]

Web: http://www.anexia-it.com

Anschrift Hauptsitz Klagenfurt: Feldkirchnerstraße 140, 9020 Klagenfurt

Geschäftsführer: Alexander Windbichler

Re: nuisance "Ports Down" alerts in the 9.0 OnCommand dashboard?

Antonio Varni
My clusters on 9.1 are still red in dashboard for every unused ethernet interface, and setting up-admin false for the affected ports (have to go into advanced) did not resolve the issue for me either.

_ _
Antonio Varni
[head of technology operations]

Estalea, L.P.