nfsstat in cmode 8.3

Douglas Siggins-2
Greetings,
Dipping my toes into cluster mode.

It seems the ability to monitor specific nfs clients in 8.3 is no longer there?

::> statistics settings modify -display-rates true -client-stats enabled

Warning: System performance may be significantly impacted. Are you sure?

Do you want to continue? {y|n}: y

::> statistics show -object client

I dont believe I am seeing the hostname field, has anyone used this prior?

I know about nperf and pcpconfig in the sytemshell, but I'd prefer not to use "unsupported" tools.

RE: nfsstat in cmode 8.3

Parisi, Justin

Per client stats are still there.

TR-4067 covers this. Check it out on page 142.

http://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-4067.pdf

RE: nfsstat in cmode 8.3

Parisi, Justin

That will only show you active network connections. Not stats.

Re: nfsstat in cmode 8.3

Douglas Siggins-2
Aha, thats great info, it looks like the hostname is coming under instance?
instance_name                          vs1_nfs3_cmode1:10.20.1.88
    instance_uuid                                        5:10.20.1.88

Am I not seeing the hostname field because of a resolution issue?

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 3:50 PM, Parisi, Justin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Per client stats are still there.

TR-4067 covers this. Check it out on page 142.

http://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-4067.pdf

RE: nfsstat in cmode 8.3

Parisi, Justin

Yea likely no reverse DNS (PTR) record.