To enable sanitization or not

Rhorer, Kyle L. (JSC-OD)[THE BOEING COMPANY]
Hi folks,

When I do an “options licensed_feature.disk_sanitization.enable on”, I get a message asking me to confirm “You will not be able to disable this feature, are you sure you wish to continue?”

My question is, why wouldn’t I want to enable it? Is there some feature that doesn’t work when sanitization is enabled? Or some other downside to enabling it? I tried to Google for the answer but I didn’t turn up much with the search terms I could think to try.

Thanks,
Kyle