Sorting output?

Ehrenwald, Ian
Hello
As far as I can tell, this does not exist but it would be great to sort command output without calling from a script externally and parsing output.  I’d love something like:

Cluster1::> volume show -vserver MySvm -fields volume,aggregate,size –sort-key size -direction descending

We know there is sorting capability already, since the ‘statistics’ command has a –sort-key.

Any chance someone could a file a request for enhancement on my (our?) behalf to add sort-key to commands used in typical day-to-day operation?  Thanks!

--
Ian Ehrenwald
Senior Infrastructure Engineer

This may contain confidential material. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, delete immediately, and understand that no disclosure or reliance on the information herein is permitted. Hachette Book Group may monitor email to and from our network.

Re: Sorting output?

Tim McCarthy

--tmac

Tim McCarthy, Principal Consultant

Proud Member of the #NetAppATeam

"set diag"

then you can use the hidden option -sort-by field1,field2,etc

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 11:20 AM, Ehrenwald, Ian <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Wow awesome, perfect!  Thanks for the pointer.  Next question, why is this hidden in diag? :/  Seems like it would be useful at normal admin level.

--

    Proud Member of the #NetAppATeam <https://twitter.com/NetAppATeam>

    <[hidden email]> wrote:

    Hello
    As far as I can tell, this does not exist but it would be great to sort command output without calling from a script externally and parsing output.  I’d love something like:

    Cluster1::> volume show -vserver MySvm -fields volume,aggregate,size –sort-key size -direction descending

    We know there is sorting capability already, since the ‘statistics’ command has a –sort-key.

    Any chance someone could a file a request for enhancement on my (our?) behalf to add sort-key to commands used in typical day-to-day operation?  Thanks!

    --
    Ian Ehrenwald
    Senior Infrastructure Engineer
    Hachette Book Group, Inc.
    1.617.263.1948 <tel:1.617.263.1948> /
    [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

    This may contain confidential material. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, delete immediately, and understand that no disclosure or reliance on the information herein is permitted. Hachette Book Group may monitor email to and from
     our network.

This may contain confidential material. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, delete immediately, and understand that no disclosure or reliance on the information herein is permitted. Hachette Book Group may monitor email to and from our network.

RE: Sorting output?

Parisi, Justin
For reference, I have a blog on some CLI Ninja commands here:

https://whyistheinternetbroken.wordpress.com/2015/02/16/techbecome-a-clustered-data-ontap-cli-ninja/

It includes sorting.