NetApp CN1610 Cluster Switches??

Chris hansen
I may have access to some of these switches, are they just plain 10gb fiber NETWORK switches? The person that is getting rid of them says they have a box of 4gb SPFs to go with them and it doesn’t appear this is a converged switch but just a 10gb switch geared toward Netapp.

I’ve read some documentation on configuration but doesn’t give a clear use case.

Thanks

-Chris

Re: NetApp CN1610 Cluster Switches??

Tim McCarthy
If I recall....

A line-rate 10GigE switch, supports jumbo frames, Copper Twinax (cisco) and Optical SFP+ (10Gig)
Nothing fancy.

--tmac

Tim McCarthy, Principal Consultant

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 7:56 PM, Chris hansen <[hidden email]> wrote:
I may have access to some of these switches, are they just plain 10gb fiber NETWORK switches? The person that is getting rid of them says they have a box of 4gb SPFs to go with them and it doesn’t appear this is a converged switch but just a 10gb switch geared toward Netapp.

I’ve read some documentation on configuration but doesn’t give a clear use case.

Thanks

-Chris

RE: NetApp CN1610 Cluster Switches??

Aaron Lewis
It's a re-branded Broadcom 10GbE switch.  No FC.