NFS V4 and nobody

John Adams
I am mounting an export via NFS V4.  At first, I saw that mounted clients showed user/group as nobody:nobody.  But then I configured the nfs.v4.id.domain option on the filer to be the client machines DNS domain name.  Then the username:groups were correct.. mostly...

We use NIS on the client machines and the filer.

For files that are owned by users or groups that are not in our NIS, the clients now shows nobody.

Under NFS V3... this shows the UID/GID numbers  (if they are not in NIS, and have no mappings).

Anybody know how to make NFS V4 just show the UID/GID of entries that have no mapping instead of converting them to nobody?

(UID's are no longer in our NIS after the account is deleted...)

RHEL6/7.  OnTap 8.2.4-7 Mode.

Thanks.

RE: NFS V4 and nobody

Parisi, Justin

Use the NFS option nfs.v4.numeric.ids (or something similar… forget what it is exactly).

RE: NFS V4 and nobody

Payne, Richard

nfs.v4.id.allow_numerics

I think that’s the one.

--rdp

Use the NFS option nfs.v4.numeric.ids (or something similar… forget what it is exactly).

Re: NFS V4 and nobody

John Adams
Toasters is awesome.... yes that is what I needed.  Thanks !

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Payne, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:

nfs.v4.id.allow_numerics

I think that’s the one.

--rdp