Deswizzle: How far behind is it??

Jeffrey Mohler
Is there a way to tell how many snapmirror updates behind deswizzle is?

Re: Deswizzle: How far behind is it??

John Clear-3

deswizzle restarts on each snapmirror update, so to check if
deswizzle is running behind, make sure `wafl scan status` shows no
deswizzles running before the next snapmirror update.

You can check what snapshot deswizzle is working on by using `snap
status` to get the snapid, but it should always be on the last
snapmirror snapshot.

John

On Tue, Apr 04, 2017 at 05:59:11PM +0000, Jeffrey Mohler wrote:
> Is there a way to tell how many snapmirror updates behind deswizzle is???_________________________________Jeff MohlerTech Yahoo, Storage Architect, Principal(831)454-6712
> YPAC Gold Member
> Twitter: @PrincipalYahoo
> CorpIM:?? Hipchat & Iris

Re: Deswizzle: How far behind is it??

Michael Bergman
On 2017-04-04 22:35, John Clear wrote:
> deswizzle restarts on each snapmirror update, so to check if
> deswizzle is running behind, make sure `wafl scan status` shows no
> deswizzles running before the next snapmirror update.

To my knowledge there's no way to understand the ETA (for finish) of a
deswizzler WAFL scanner. It depends, on a few factors. The major one is the
inode density -- it walks inodes...

This is not in any way an answer or a clue to Jeff's original Q:

> Is there a way to tell how many snapmirror updates behind deswizzle is?

But still :-)

/M