7-Mode End of Support dates ?

John Adams
Hello,

I was recently told by NetApp that 8.2 is End of Support on 7/31/2017.
Isn't 8.2.4 the last 7-mode version of On-Tap?

Does this mean that 7-Mode is completely unsupported as of 7/31/2017?

Is there currently a mad rush to convert from 7-Mode to clustered that I'm not aware of ?

Thanks.

RE: 7-Mode End of Support dates ?

Gulabani, Sanjay

To the best of my knowledge no date for end of support for 7-mode has been set. The date you mention applies to 8.2 c-mode.

Sanjay

Re: 7-Mode End of Support dates ?

Michael Bergman
On 2017-04-04 18:48, John Adams wrote:
> I was recently told by NetApp that 8.2 is End of Support on 7/31/2017.
> Isn't 8.2.4 the last 7-mode version of On-Tap?

AFAIK 8.2.5 will be the last 7-mode release. It's not out yet. When that
will be EoS I do not know, but I suppose 3-5 years up ahead? Engineering
support is another matter, i.e. bug fixes which are enhancements
non-critical and non-secruity related

Regards,
/M

RE: 7-Mode End of Support dates ?

Konnerth, Karl
Hi,

If you have access to the NetApp Support site, the best information on 7-Mode support is in this communique:
http://mysupport.netapp.com/info/communications/ECMP1654231.html

It says in part:
For customers running Data ONTAP operating in 7-Mode through the 8.2.x release, the following details the support policy:
NetApp will provide updates, bug fixes or patches as deemed necessary and commercially reasonable for its 7-mode deployments for 3 years beyond End of Availability (EoA) of FAS8000 and FAS2500 platforms in Data ONTAP 8.2.x releases and will provide the same level of support for other legacy FAS platforms during this time frame unless, end of support occurs earlier for the corresponding platform.

---Karl

> I was recently told by NetApp that 8.2 is End of Support on 7/31/2017.
> Isn't 8.2.4 the last 7-mode version of On-Tap?

AFAIK 8.2.5 will be the last 7-mode release. It's not out yet. When that will be EoS I do not know, but I suppose 3-5 years up ahead? Engineering support is another matter, i.e. bug fixes which are enhancements non-critical and non-secruity related

Regards,
/M

Re: 7-Mode End of Support dates ?

Sebastian Goetze
And the latest patch is 8.2.4P10... But they'll (probably) never re-name
it 8.2.5